Whether you are offshore fishing or just enjoying family time on the water, feel confident and comfortable that the H2183 is your reliable source for heading information. The solid-state three-axis compass, combined with Airmar?s additional advanced sensors and software provide unparalleled performance. What sets the H2183 apart from the competition is its ability to maintain 2 of heading accuracy under dynamic motion conditions, such as steep heeling, hard turns, and rough seas. Heading integrated with the three-axis rate gyro and three-axis accelerometer data allows the H2183 to maintain 2 of accuracy even if the vessel is pitching and rolling up to 30. This level of accuracy is perfect for interfacing with WinGPS 5 Pro
, WinGPS 5 Voyager
and/or WinGPS Marine +
The H2183?s innovative circular design easily mounts and aligns on any angled bulkhead. Designed for simultaneous use with NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 devices, the waterproof, easy-to-install sensor can be wired into both NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 networks on the vessel with just a single cable.Functions
• Better than 1 heading accuracy in static conditions.
• Best-in-class 2 heading accuracy in dynamic conditions.
• Three-axis solid-state compass provides heading data.
• Three-axis accelerometer provides pitch and roll data.
• Three-axis rate gyro provides rate-of-turn data.
• Only recreational heading sensor that uses a three-axis rate gyro.
• Compass calibration can be easily done on any display or PC.
• Easily mounts on any angled bulkhead.
• IPX6 waterproof enclosure.
• Default 10 Hz update rate for heading (HDG).
• Outputs NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 data simultaneously.
Note: No connection cables are included with this product. The connection cables for the Airmar compass can be found at the bottom of this page as seperate products.